Titanium+ Prepaid Mastercard
What is the Titanium+ Prepaid Mastercard?
A prepaid card gives consumers the utility of an electronic payments card without being linked to a bank account or going into debt. A newly purchased card will have a zero balance until money is added to it. Once the funds are loaded, purchases and fees will be deducted until the funds are depleted. No credit check is required and prepaid cards are easy to get, easy to use and offer more convenience and safety than carrying cash. Prepaid cards are accepted at millions of locations from retail stores to mail or phone orders and online. With a reloadable Titanium+ Prepaid Mastercard, customers simply add more money to the card and continue using it wherever Mastercard is accepted.
General tips for managing your prepaid debit card:
- Record your transactions
- Keep your receipts
- Review your transactions/statements on a regular basis
- Notify your card issuer ASAP if you find any discrepancies
- Save a surcharge! Select 'cash back' when checking out at a store instead of paying to use an ATM
- Manage your fees wisely by selecting a fee option that's most economical for your prepaid card use
Using a Personal Identification Number
A personal identification number (PIN) will be assigned to your prepaid card, so that you can withdraw cash from the card at ATMs or make purchases using your card at the point-of-sale. You should protect your PIN at all times and never share the PIN. If your card is lost or stolen, please contact the number on the back of your card immediately.
With this in mind, the following is recommended:
- Memorize your PIN; do not write it down
- Do not share your PIN with friends, family members or anyone!
- Use a unique PIN — not one that is associated with other cards or accounts
- Call your financial institution immediately if your card or PIN has been compromised
The Titanium+ Prepaid Mastercard offers its members the right to dispute unauthorized purchases as long as they notify their financial institution as soon as possible. Once fraud is determined, funds will be placed back to your card within 5-10 business days of notification, sometimes even sooner.
Understanding Merchant Holds
In some cases when using a prepaid card, a merchant may decide to place a hold on a specific amount of money as a security deposit. You may sometimes experience this if using your card to rent a car or pay for a hotel room. This protects the vendor by ensuring the correct amount of money is still available when the transaction is completed. (i.e., when the car is returned or upon check out at a hotel)
To be prepared for a merchant hold, you should ensure you have enough money in your prepaid card account for these merchant holds. If you know the hold amount in advance, you won't be surprised. Most merchant holds are removed within 24-72 hours.